- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Sikeston police investiage 'snatch and grab' at convenience store
SIKESTON, Mo. - Sikeston police are searching for a suspect who allegedly stole an undetermined amount of money from the U-Pump-It convenience store Thursday night.
According to a news release from Sgt. Jim McMillen a male walked into the convenience store around 9:05 p.m. Thursday and waited as a cashier gave another customer change. As the customer was receiving the money the subject reached across the counter, spun the register around and stole an undetermined amount of cash from the drawer. McMillen said the subject then fled on foot from the business.
When officers arrived on the scene they set up a perimeter and found the cashier "shook up" but not injured. Police interviewed searched the area and interviewed several witnesses at the scene.
McMillen said the suspect is a male, 5'8", thin build, between 17 and 22 years of age. Anyone with information should call 573-471-4711 or Crime Stoppers at 573-471-1500.
Tips may remain anonymous and those with information leading to conviction of the suspect may be eligible for a cash reward.