- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. -- Joyce A. Hale, 68, a lifelong resident of Poplar Bluff died Thursday, May 21, 2009, at Mark Twain Care Center.
Mrs. Hale was born Sept. 26, 1940, in Risco, Mo.
She was a customer service representative at Wal-Mart and attended First Church of God. She enjoyed her grandchildren, going to yard sales and genealogy.
She married Jesse Hale April 18, 1964, in Harviell, Mo. He preceded her in death Jan. 11, 2008.
Survivors include three sons, Rodney Hale and wife Diane of Cape Girardeau, Jeffrey Hale and wife Susan of Poplar Bluff, Roy Hale and wife Karla of Williamsville, Mo.; a daughter, Cleta Hunter of Poplar Bluff; two brothers, Delbert Scott, Charles Scott and wife Janet, all of Poplar Bluff; a sister, Francis Tyler of Steward, Ill.; seven grandchildren, Sarah Sadler and husband Chris of Jackson, Brooke Hale of Cape Girardeau, Melody Hunter and Adam Hunter of Cordova, Tenn., Cody Hale, Dylan Hale and Lucas Warren, all of Poplar Bluff; and a great-grandchild, Chloe Sadler of Jackson.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time Saturday at Fitch-Hillis Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Leroy Murray officiating. Burial will be in Woodlawn Cemetery.
Online condolences may be made at www.fitchhillisfh.com.