- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Helen L. Thompson, 86, of Perryville died Wednesday, May 20, 2009, at Independence Care Center of Perry County in Perryville.
She was born June 18, 1922, in McBride, Mo., daughter of the late Elliott and Rosa Yeager Anderson. She and Eugene Thompson were married April 15, 1939. He preceded her in death Nov. 30, 1991.
Survivors include a son and daughter-in-law, Larry and Bernadine Thompson; a daughter and son-in-law, Carol and Kenny Koeberl, all of Perryville; seven grandchildren, Jeff and Scott Brewer, Tracie Hotop, Eugene and Amy Thompson, Becky Antonellis and Cindy Ponder.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a daughter and son-in-law, Judy and Earl Brewer; a sister, Leona "Sis" Boxdorfer; and three brothers, Thomas, Charles and Joseph Anderson.
Mrs. Thompson retired as an inspector with Prince Gardner and was a homemaker. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Memorials are preferred to Southeast Hospice or St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Schools.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today and from 6:30 a.m. to service time Saturday at Young and Sons Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Joe Williams officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.