- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mississippi River closes several Southeast Missouri roads
The Missouri Department of Transportation is advising drivers that several state roads in Southeast Missouri have been closed by the rising Mississippi River floodwater.
Closed roads include Highway 77 from Route A to the river and Highway 80 from Highway 77 to the river in Mississippi County; Highway 162 from Route M to the river and Route WW from Route P to County Road 520 in New Madrid County; Route E from Route N to Commerce in Scott County; and Route E in Perry County.
The National Weather Service predicts the Mississippi River at Cape Girardeau to crest at 40 feet Saturday morning -- 8 feet above flood stage. Tuesday night the river was 37.6 feet at Cape Girardeau.