- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- LaVerne V. Phillips, 69, of Perryville died Sunday, Jan. 9, 2005, at her home.
She was born Nov. 8, 1935, in Perry County, daughter of William L. and Ida Welker Brown. She and Joseph H. Phillips were married May 19, 1956, in Perryville. He died Feb. 2, 1999.
Phillips was a member of St. James Catholic Church at Crosstown, Mo.
Survivors include four sons, Lee, Paul and Scot Phillips, all of Perryville, Billy Phillips of Cobden, Ill.; three daughters, Jean Parmer and Rhonda Holcomb of Perryville, Karla Stark of Anna, Ill.; her mother of Perryville; two sisters, Evelyn Crabtree of St. Louis, Kathryn First of Perryville; a brother, Kenny Brown of Perryville; 15 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her father and a daughter.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. today, and Wednesday from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. The parish wake will be at 6 tonight.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at St. James Church, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in St. James Cemetery.