- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
WYATT, Mo. -- Carl E. Sloan, 54, of Wyatt died Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2005, at John J. Pershing VA Medical Center in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
He was born May 23, 1950, at Wyatt, son of Zingo and Roberta Branch Sloan.
Sloan was a graduate of Charleston High School at Charleston, Mo., and served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife, Mary Ann; a son, Carl Sloan Jr. of Millington, Tenn.; a daughter, Johnna Coopwood of Wilson City, Mo.; his mother of Charleston; five sisters, Mary Mitchell of Sikeston, Essie Greer and Lillian Bankhead of Wyatt, Ophelia Locust and Ethel Sloan of Milwaukee, Wis.; seven brothers, Bobby and Frank Sloan of Milwaukee, Johnny Tate of Hando, Miss., Larry, Lindsay, Jimmy and William Sloan, all of Wyatt; and five grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father.
There is no visitation.
The funeral will be at noon Wednesday at Elm Street Baptist Church, with Ronald Sloan officiating. Burial will be in Missouri State Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield, with full military rites.
Williams Funeral Home at Charleston is in charge of arrangements.