- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Opal Pearlene Toler, 92, of Anna died Sunday, Jan. 9, 2005, at City Care Center.
She was born Sept. 14, 1912, in Anna, daughter of William and Mary Corzine Hileman. She and Oley M. Toler were married Nov. 11, 1931, in Dongola, Ill. He died Feb. 2, 1998.
Toler retired in 1975 from Kane County Youth Center in Batavia, Ill. She was a member of Mission Chapel Baptist Church near Anna.
Survivors include a son, Bill Toler of Anna; a daughter, Wanda Toler of Memphis, Tenn.; seven grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Paul Sadler officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.