- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Opal Pearlene Toler, 92, of Anna died Sunday, Jan. 9, 2005, at City Care Center.
She was born Sept. 14, 1912, in Anna, daughter of William and Mary Corzine Hileman. She and Oley M. Toler were married Nov. 11, 1931, in Dongola, Ill. He died Feb. 2, 1998.
Toler retired in 1975 from Kane County Youth Center in Batavia, Ill. She was a member of Mission Chapel Baptist Church near Anna.
Survivors include a son, Bill Toler of Anna; a daughter, Wanda Toler of Memphis, Tenn.; seven grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Paul Sadler officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.