- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
Let me believe what I want
To the editor:
Is the person who wrote "Scripture is clear to nonbelievers" saying Jews, Muslims and Buddhists will die in their beliefs? How can anyone make an argument with Scriptures from a book some of us don't believe? It doesn't make sense. This argument has no effect on me. Let me believe in what I believe.
I could also make an argument on how anyone can believe in something that once allowed people to be killed or jailed if they didn't believe the Bible (Spanish Inquisition). I haven't heard of people being killed for not believing in Judaism. You are either Jewish, or you aren't. The same goes for Buddhism.
I'm not sure about Muslims, but they defend those who kill to preserve their way of life. Wait. That sounds like the Spanish Inquisition: Exclude the Muslims.
You have a right to believe what you believe. I have a right to believe what I believe. I don't believe something that uses scare tactics to gain followers.
TIFFANY FLETCHER, Cape Girardeau