- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)4
Let me believe what I want
To the editor:
Is the person who wrote "Scripture is clear to nonbelievers" saying Jews, Muslims and Buddhists will die in their beliefs? How can anyone make an argument with Scriptures from a book some of us don't believe? It doesn't make sense. This argument has no effect on me. Let me believe in what I believe.
I could also make an argument on how anyone can believe in something that once allowed people to be killed or jailed if they didn't believe the Bible (Spanish Inquisition). I haven't heard of people being killed for not believing in Judaism. You are either Jewish, or you aren't. The same goes for Buddhism.
I'm not sure about Muslims, but they defend those who kill to preserve their way of life. Wait. That sounds like the Spanish Inquisition: Exclude the Muslims.
You have a right to believe what you believe. I have a right to believe what I believe. I don't believe something that uses scare tactics to gain followers.
TIFFANY FLETCHER, Cape Girardeau