- Emergency c-section on dead mother saves baby following I-55 wreck (05/15/16)19
- Big drug haul made during Cape Girardeau bust (05/17/16)11
- Police charge Perryville man with statutory rape of two underage girls (05/17/16)
- Teen shot outside apartment off Lorimier Street (05/20/16)39
- Body found Thursday at Ranney Park in Cape (05/20/16)10
- Bollinger County deputies bust man on meth-for-sex sting (05/20/16)2
- Area farmer pleads guilty to fraud (05/18/16)1
- Perryville man accused of grabbing woman around throat, pulling out her hair (05/18/16)1
- Charleston man accused of fatally shooting Cape teen (05/22/16)24
- Vandals ravage historic Shivelbine house before demolition (05/18/16)25
Christmas in May
May 30 10:30am The Salvation Army will be celebrating the Tree of Lights Campaign. The event is free to the community and will be hosted at the Cape River Heritage Museum 538 independence Street. The Salvation Army Brass Band will include Jerry Ford and his musicial friends and will entertain you with Christmas music. Be sure to stop by and bring your change while the Bell ringers will be there to accept donations. Major Stillwell will say a few words about the mission of our Salvation Army's local work. The commissary will be on hand to provide refreshments to all who attend.
bring your friends, family and lawn chairs seating is limited.
Cape River Heritage Musuem volunteers will be on hand to give tours following the event. Featured Exhibits include The Cape Fire Departments 100 Year Celbration, the 100 your anniversary of Louis Houck's Book on The History of SE Missouri, The 70th Anniversary of the Sharecroppers Roadside Demonstration Jerry Ford's 50 years in Music and the opening of the recntly expanded Museum Store featuring items made in Missouri by regional artists and books by local authors.