- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)21
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Christmas in May
May 30 10:30am The Salvation Army will be celebrating the Tree of Lights Campaign. The event is free to the community and will be hosted at the Cape River Heritage Museum 538 independence Street. The Salvation Army Brass Band will include Jerry Ford and his musicial friends and will entertain you with Christmas music. Be sure to stop by and bring your change while the Bell ringers will be there to accept donations. Major Stillwell will say a few words about the mission of our Salvation Army's local work. The commissary will be on hand to provide refreshments to all who attend.
bring your friends, family and lawn chairs seating is limited.
Cape River Heritage Musuem volunteers will be on hand to give tours following the event. Featured Exhibits include The Cape Fire Departments 100 Year Celbration, the 100 your anniversary of Louis Houck's Book on The History of SE Missouri, The 70th Anniversary of the Sharecroppers Roadside Demonstration Jerry Ford's 50 years in Music and the opening of the recntly expanded Museum Store featuring items made in Missouri by regional artists and books by local authors.