- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)4
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)31
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Christmas in May
May 30 10:30am The Salvation Army will be celebrating the Tree of Lights Campaign. The event is free to the community and will be hosted at the Cape River Heritage Museum 538 independence Street. The Salvation Army Brass Band will include Jerry Ford and his musicial friends and will entertain you with Christmas music. Be sure to stop by and bring your change while the Bell ringers will be there to accept donations. Major Stillwell will say a few words about the mission of our Salvation Army's local work. The commissary will be on hand to provide refreshments to all who attend.
bring your friends, family and lawn chairs seating is limited.
Cape River Heritage Musuem volunteers will be on hand to give tours following the event. Featured Exhibits include The Cape Fire Departments 100 Year Celbration, the 100 your anniversary of Louis Houck's Book on The History of SE Missouri, The 70th Anniversary of the Sharecroppers Roadside Demonstration Jerry Ford's 50 years in Music and the opening of the recntly expanded Museum Store featuring items made in Missouri by regional artists and books by local authors.