- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)14
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Christmas in May
May 30 10:30am The Salvation Army will be celebrating the Tree of Lights Campaign. The event is free to the community and will be hosted at the Cape River Heritage Museum 538 independence Street. The Salvation Army Brass Band will include Jerry Ford and his musicial friends and will entertain you with Christmas music. Be sure to stop by and bring your change while the Bell ringers will be there to accept donations. Major Stillwell will say a few words about the mission of our Salvation Army's local work. The commissary will be on hand to provide refreshments to all who attend.
bring your friends, family and lawn chairs seating is limited.
Cape River Heritage Musuem volunteers will be on hand to give tours following the event. Featured Exhibits include The Cape Fire Departments 100 Year Celbration, the 100 your anniversary of Louis Houck's Book on The History of SE Missouri, The 70th Anniversary of the Sharecroppers Roadside Demonstration Jerry Ford's 50 years in Music and the opening of the recntly expanded Museum Store featuring items made in Missouri by regional artists and books by local authors.