- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
Christmas in May
May 30 10:30am The Salvation Army will be celebrating the Tree of Lights Campaign. The event is free to the community and will be hosted at the Cape River Heritage Museum 538 independence Street. The Salvation Army Brass Band will include Jerry Ford and his musicial friends and will entertain you with Christmas music. Be sure to stop by and bring your change while the Bell ringers will be there to accept donations. Major Stillwell will say a few words about the mission of our Salvation Army's local work. The commissary will be on hand to provide refreshments to all who attend.
bring your friends, family and lawn chairs seating is limited.
Cape River Heritage Musuem volunteers will be on hand to give tours following the event. Featured Exhibits include The Cape Fire Departments 100 Year Celbration, the 100 your anniversary of Louis Houck's Book on The History of SE Missouri, The 70th Anniversary of the Sharecroppers Roadside Demonstration Jerry Ford's 50 years in Music and the opening of the recntly expanded Museum Store featuring items made in Missouri by regional artists and books by local authors.