- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Bodybuilders flee drug testers
BRUSSELS -- The Belgian bodybuilding championship has been canceled after doping officials showed up and all the competitors fled.
A doping official says bodybuilders just grabbed their gear and ran off when he came into the room.
"I have never seen anything like it and hope never to see anything like it again," doping official Hans Cooman said Monday.
Twenty bodybuilders were entered in the weekend competition.
Cooman said the sport has a history of doping "and this incident didn't do its reputation any good."
During testing of bodybuilding events last year, doping authorities of northern Belgium's Flanders region found that three-quarters of the competitors tested positive.