- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Barbara A. Smith Amelunke, 73, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, May 18, 2009, at her sister's home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 2, 1935, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Woodrow Wilson and Frieda Ida Hente Smith. She and Glenn Amelunke were married June 2, 1957, in Cape Girardeau. He died March 21, 2000.
She was an active member of Trinity Lutheran Church and sang in the choir. She had worked at Food Giant.
She is survived by a sister, Patricia Wachter and husband H.A.; two nephews; two nieces; four great-nieces; a great-nephew; three great-great-nephews; and a great-great-niece.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her husband.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Nathan Burgell officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorials may be made to Trinity Lutheran Church or to Trinity Lutheran School.