- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Mary E. Nothaus, 85, entered into rest Thursday, May 14, 2009, in Rolla, Mo.
She was born Aug. 15, 1923, in Glen Carbon, Ill., daughter of Vincent and Sophie Escher Adamick. She and Louis A. Nothaus were married March 31, 1964. He died Aug. 11, 1995.
Survivors include children, Bobbie Rhea and wife Debbie of Salem, Mo., Terry Rhea and wife Donna of Jackson, Luis J. Nothaus and wife JoAnn of Salem, Cecilia Vire of Columbia, Mo.; a brother, Lester Adamick and wife Fleeta Mae of Salem; grandchildren, Jason Rhea, Alicia Rhea, Robert Nothaus, Richard Nothaus and Raymond Nothaus; eight great-grandchildren; and a host of nieces, nephews, extended family members and friends.
She was preceded in death by brothers Robert and Wilbert Adamick and a granddaughter, Stephanie Rhea, in 1989.
Funeral Mass was held Monday at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Salem, with the Rev. Dan Hirtz officiating. Music was provided by Sacred Heart Choir. Interment was in New Hope Cemetery at Salem.
Pallbearers were Larry and Joe Adamick, Richard and Raymond Nothaus, Jason and Alicia Rhea. Honorary pallbearers were Justine Seyer and Devon Rhea.
James and Gahr Mortuary in Salem was in charge of arrangements.