- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)2
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Business notebook: Jackson boutique has regional roots in retail (7/17/17)
My Daddy the hero!
Michael Ruebel of Cape Girardeau MO was representing the Marines Sat May 16 at the Cardinals baseball field. His wife Deidre and three children Michael 6, Jennifer 4, and Brayden 2 were on the sidelines. As the ceremony began and Michael marched on the field youngest son Brayden began to call for his Daddy. The officials motioned to let him go. As he greeted his father this picture was snapped. The crownd in the statium let out an audible "Awwwww....". Michael will deploy for Iraq sometime this year soon after the couples fourth child is born.