- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
My Daddy the hero!
Michael Ruebel of Cape Girardeau MO was representing the Marines Sat May 16 at the Cardinals baseball field. His wife Deidre and three children Michael 6, Jennifer 4, and Brayden 2 were on the sidelines. As the ceremony began and Michael marched on the field youngest son Brayden began to call for his Daddy. The officials motioned to let him go. As he greeted his father this picture was snapped. The crownd in the statium let out an audible "Awwwww....". Michael will deploy for Iraq sometime this year soon after the couples fourth child is born.