- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)4
My Daddy the hero!
Michael Ruebel of Cape Girardeau MO was representing the Marines Sat May 16 at the Cardinals baseball field. His wife Deidre and three children Michael 6, Jennifer 4, and Brayden 2 were on the sidelines. As the ceremony began and Michael marched on the field youngest son Brayden began to call for his Daddy. The officials motioned to let him go. As he greeted his father this picture was snapped. The crownd in the statium let out an audible "Awwwww....". Michael will deploy for Iraq sometime this year soon after the couples fourth child is born.