- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
My Daddy the hero!
Michael Ruebel of Cape Girardeau MO was representing the Marines Sat May 16 at the Cardinals baseball field. His wife Deidre and three children Michael 6, Jennifer 4, and Brayden 2 were on the sidelines. As the ceremony began and Michael marched on the field youngest son Brayden began to call for his Daddy. The officials motioned to let him go. As he greeted his father this picture was snapped. The crownd in the statium let out an audible "Awwwww....". Michael will deploy for Iraq sometime this year soon after the couples fourth child is born.