- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jerline McClellon-Butler was born to Elder Lee Frank and Eloise Warfield McClellon Vaughn. She was one in a family of nine, seven boys and two girls. Her parents, a sister and four brothers preceded her in death.
Jerline graduated from Sikeston public schools in 1958. She obtained her cosmetology license in St. Louis. She also attended Lincoln University in Jefferson City, Mo.
She was a member of the Green Memorial Church of God in Christ for many, many years. On Tuesday, May 12, 2009, God dispatched his angels to Saint Francis Medical Center to escort Jerline home.
She leaves to cherish precious memories, a son; H.V. McClellon (Champ) of Pontiac, Mich.; two daughters, Angela Butler of Cape Girardeau, Jacquetta Butler-Thomas of Pontiac; three brothers, Willie (Esco) McClellon of Clinton, Ky., John H. McClellon of Chicago, Larry McClellon of Sikeston, Mo.; four grandchildren, Mikel D. Robinson, Niaja-Ray R. Morris, Rodriquez J. Hammond Jr., Andrea R. Hammond. She also leaves a host of cousins, nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Services for Jerline McClellon-Butler will be held at 11:30 a.m. Monday at the Greater Dimension Ministries in Cape Girardeau.
Friends may call from 10:30 a.m. until the funeral hour at 11:30 a.m. Monday at the church.
Interment will follow in Warfield Cemetery in Oran, Mo., with pastor William Bird officiating.
Jerline McClellon-Butler, 67, resident of Cape Girardeau, died Tuesday, May 12, 2009, at the Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
Massie Funeral Home in Mounds, Ill., is in charge of the arrangements.