- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
KELSO, Mo. -- John August Glueck, 77, of Kelso passed away Friday, May 15, 2009, at his home with his family at his side.
He was born Dec. 5, 1931, in Kelso, son of August and Pauline Glastetter Glueck. He and Rose M. Kenkel were married Nov. 7, 1953, spending over 55 years together.
John loved spending time with family and friends. He loved playing guitar and gardening.
John served in the U.S. Army, then worked for Superior Electric and later retired from Mid-America Power Co.
He is survived by his wife; two daughters, Carla (Randy) Everett of Jackson, Lisa (Steve) Windeknecht of Cape Girardeau; a granddaughter; five stepgrandchildren; a brother, Charles B. Glueck of Kelso; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a sister, Virginia Glueck Vincent; and a brother, Joseph Glueck.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m.
The funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso, with the Rev. Oliver Clavin officiating.
Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Pallbearers will be his nephews, Bernard Glueck, John C. Glueck, James A. Glueck, Tyler Glueck, Paul Glueck and Steve Glueck.