- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Death Penalty for Child Molesters!!!!
How long have we been calling for a solution to this epidemic? As I polled the church and talked to people in town, the response is always the same, "Good , good and good". As I watched the news and listen to the comentator on this subject, two thoughts came to me. One: there seems to be overwhelming evidence that the largest percentage of offenders, no matter how long the sentence, get out and offend again. There seems to be nothing that can stop this horrible crime. Second: if they are going to offend again, and now they have to face the death penalty for commiting this crime, will they now resort to the ultimate offence and insult? Killing the little children after they are done with them, so they may protect thamselves. Today, this does not seem to be that far fetched. We see it every day in the news and even parents are commiting this crime. This is just a thought, but I believe that the Law makers should really concider this as they vote. I have always said, " there are many deserted islands on this earth, let them that can not be cured go there and survive or not!!!!