- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ND destroys NMCC 25-1
Austin Greer stroked five hits and smashed two of Notre Dame's six home runs as the Bulldogs routed New Madrid County Central 25-1 on the road Friday.
Jake Pewitt, Jimmy Obermark, Dylan Drury and Brent Renfroe each hit one home run. Renfroe's was a grand slam, the first of his career.
Meanwhile, Drury was strong on the mound. He took a perfect game into the fifth inning, but it was broken up when a New Madrid County batter homered.
Drury tossed a complete game, giving up the one hit while striking out 11.
Notre Dame finished its regular season with a 23-1 record.
WP -- Dylan Drury, 8-0. LP -- Derter. HR -- Austin Greer 2 (ND), Jake Pewitt (ND), Jimmy Obermark (ND), Drury (ND) Brent Renfroe (ND) St. Mary (NM). 2B -- Colton Young (ND). Multiple hits -- Notre Dame: Young 3-3, Pewitt 2-4, Drury 3-5, Greer 5-5, Aaron Tomaszewski 3-3, Ethan Essner 3-4, Mark Hagedorn 2-2, Wesley Glaus 2-3. Record -- Notre Dame: 23-1.
-- From staff reports