- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Herschel R. Jackson, 83, of Belchertown, Mass., passed away Tuesday, May 12, 2009.
He was born April 2, 1926, in Cairo, Ill., son of John N. and Dovie Garret Jackson.
Herschel was raised in McClure, Ill., and had lived in Athol, Mass., 22 years before moving to Florida. He had lived in Belchertown the past 10 years.
He was a veteran of World War II and the Korean conflict, serving in the U.S. Army 20 years and also in the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include two sisters, Mary Nelson of St. Louis, Hester Gray of Cape Girardeau; two stepdaughters, Diane Richardson and Marilyn Coffin of Athol; six grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
Herschel was preceded in death by his loving wife, Irene Moore, in 1996.
Beers and Story Belchertown Funeral Home was entrusted with the arrangements.
Donations may be made in his memory to The John B. McCarthy-Herschel Jackson Memorial Scholarship Fund, c/o North Brookfield Savings Bank, Daniel Shays Highway, Belchertown, MA 01007.
For more information, visit www.beersandstory.com.