- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cape Girardeau man injured in Friday motorcycle crash
EDITOR'S NOTE: The name of the crash victim's story has been corrected.
A Cape Girardeau man was injured when his motorcycle left the road on County Road 621 near Cape Girardeau just before noon Friday. Missouri State Highway Patrol trooper Grant Williams identified the motorcycle driver as Neal Day, 57. Firefighters with the East County Fire Protection District were the first to arrive on the scene. Day told firefighters he tried to avoid a dog while driving his 2005 BMW motorcycle southbound, Williams said. Day hit the dog, killing it, and slid off the road. Day was taken to a hospital. Williams said Days injuries consisted of friction burns and possibly rib injuries.