- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Anheuser-Busch donates $3 million to law school
ST. LOUIS -- The King of Beers has made a king-sized donation to the St. Louis University law school.
The university said Thursday the Anheuser-Busch Foundation has contributed $3 million toward a $35 million expansion of the law school. The university said it's the largest donation the brewer has ever made to the school.
Belgium-based InBev took over St. Louis-based Anheuser-Busch last year to create the world's larger brewer. Many St. Louisans had feared the deal might hurt the brewery's charitable giving in the region.
The Rev. Lawrence Biondi, president of St. Louis University, said the gift shows that the brewer's support for local institutions remains unmatched.