- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- A shot at a Harley: Man's basketball feat at Southeast game wins new motorcycle (2/27/17)
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)13
- Singer Neal Boyd says he faces physical therapy after Jan. 22 traffic accident (2/27/17)
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
Five Southeast Missouri men charged in sex crime investigation
editor's note: This story was edited to remove one of the suspects who was exonerated of the crime.
By Matt Sanders
BENTON, Mo. -- Five men, four from Scott County and one from Stoddard County, have been charged with a variety of sex crimes following a Scott County Sheriff's Department investigation, Sheriff Rick Walter said in a news release Friday.
The charges stem from allegations of sexual contact with a girl over the past two years, starting when she was 13 years old.
Michael E. Doles, 18, of Oran, Mo., was charged with four counts of second-degree child molestation. His bond was set at $15,000.
Travis L. Guzman, 22, of Oran was charged with nine counts of second-degree statutory rape, one count of second-degree statutory sodomy and 10 counts of second-degree child molestation. His bond was set at $75,000.
Tyler Emerson, 21, of Morley, Mo., was charged with second-degree statutory rape and five counts of second-degree child molestation. His bond was set at $75,000.
Michael R. Meador, 20, of Bell City, Mo., was charged with three counts of second-degree child molestation. His bond was set at $25,000.