- Marquette project applauded -- almost universally -- around community (04/24/16)
- Cape Chamber dinner marked by special touches (02/02/16)
- New website designed to better serve readers (01/19/16)
- Our mistake on the sports complex story (05/07/15)
- University makes right choice in next president (03/05/15)
- Do you trust this newspaper? (10/27/14)
- Ken and Jeanine Dobbins will leave impressive legacy (09/10/14)
Candidates forum takes place at Southeast Missourian
Political candidates and their campaign managers (as well as anyone else from the public) are invited to an informational meeting at the Southeast Missourian newspaper on Thursday, April 24, at 7 am. Address is 301 Broadway, Cape Girardeau. Here's the link to story about the meeting.
Agenda for the meeting:
Welcome: Jon K. Rust, Publisher
Interacting w/the Newsroom: Bob Miller, Managing Editor
• How to request coverage of individual events
• How to request coverage of group events
• Letters to the Editor
• Candidate Features
• Candidate Photos
Online News & Opinion: Matt Sanders, Online Project Manager
• Do you want your own Blog?
• How to submit news online
• An explanation of online "comments" and how community standards work
Successful Advertising: Gera LeGrand, Advertising Director
• How the Southeast Missourian and seMissourian.com can help you get your message out
• General Guidelines for Political Ads
• Advertising Packages and Options
Everyone in attendance will receive the Southeast Missourian's "Handbook for Local Political Candidates."
If you are a candidate and not able to attend, a second session will be organized pending sufficient interest. Contact Christal Ritchey at (573)335-6611.