- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Wide open spaces
A home in the country is special. It isn't just the bricks and decor that you fall in love with. It's the country setting too.
The house at 4577 Route A in Uniontown, Mo., is one of those homes. It's a brick ranch home with a modern, open concept interior, but its one-acre setting with wide open spaces is equally important to its character.
This home has three bedrooms, two baths, and plenty of space for additional bedroom and bathroom in the mostly unfinished walk-up basement, making it comfortable for just about any size family.
The exterior is welcoming with its large, covered front porch. The front door opens to a large family room with cathedral ceiling straight ahead, and a spacious dining area to the right. Inset spotlighting along with light walls and carpet give the room an open, but warm, feel. The room's focal point is a gas log fireplace with a handsome oak mantle. A large bay window overlooks the back yard, with its large maintenance-free deck and above ground pool.
The room opens also to a large, well-equipped kitchen. The wall dividing the living room and kitchen has an open window. Nearby is a large main level laundry room, which exits to the home's oversized two-car garage and storage area.
The kitchen has tile-look flooring and oak cabinetry with porcelain and brass pulls. The kitchen has all the modern amenities, and plenty of storage and counter space. The adjoining eat-in kitchen is next to a set of French doors, leading to the deck.
Each of the home's three bedrooms is well-equipped with closet space and windows for natural light. The main level bathroom is conveniently located near all of the bedrooms. The master bedroom suite features plush royal blue carpeting and a large master bath with an enormous walk-in closet, one-sink oak vanity, deep linen closet, and a tub/shower combination.
The basement is mostly unfinished, though an office area has been completed. There is plenty of space to accommodate a family room, bathroom, and another bedroom or two. A walk-up exits to the home's two-car garage and storage area.
ABOUT THIS HOUSE:
* Address: 4577 Route A in Uniontown, Mo.
* Price: $164,900
* Real estate agency: Realty Executives of Cape County
* Phone: 335-8111