- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
1 killed in Northwoods shooting
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- St. Louis County police are investigating the shooting death of a man while he was at a McDonald's drive thru in Northwoods.
Officer Rick Eckhard says four people in a PT Cruiser were outside the fast food restaurant around 10 p.m. Thursday when an unknown suspect fired several shots into the car. The driver tried to flee, but crashed, flipping the car over.
The driver, 19-year-old Timothy Cherry, was killed. Eckhard says the other three have injuries that are not life-threatening. It appears one passenger was shot, and the other two injured from the crash.