- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Hitt - 50 Years
Horace and Frances Hitt of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a reception April 4, 2009, at the 4-H Exhibit Hall in Arena Park.
The Hitts were married April 4, 1959, at Zion Lutheran Church in Pocahontas.
Their attendants were Verna Lancaster, Artie Brewer, Bernice Smith, Donna Voorhes, William Hennecke, Paul Summers, Douglas Brucker, and the late Clarence Job.
The couple has three children, Mark (Debbie) Hitt of Jefferson City, Mo., Vicki (Larry) Yeargain of Cape Girardeau, and Randy (Amy) Hitt of St. Louis.
They have seven grandchildren, Logan, Nathan, Molly and Emma Hitt; Tyler, Caitlin and Caleb Yeargain.