- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Hartle - 50 Years
Mr. and Mrs. John Hartle of Orange City, Fla., celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a cruise to the Bahamas.
Hartle and Beverly Moss were married April 25, 1959, at Calvary Baptist Church in Perryville, Mo., by the Rev. Duane Hensley.
Their attendants were Margaret Moss Murdock, Barbara Abernathy, Lois Moss Duncan, Joy Hartle Friedrich, Joe Hartle and Ronald Abernathy.
The Hartles lived in Perryville, Jackson, Cape Girardeau, Scott City, and Scopus, Mo., before moving to Florida.
The couple has four children, Denita Hartle of Jacksonville, N.C., Robin Reed of Blue Springs, Mo., Sheri Courtney of DeBary, Fla., and the late John David Hartle Jr.
They have 10 grandchildren, Tyler (Ashley) Watson, Marissa (Luke) Sickman, Kyle (Tabatha) Watson, Daniel (Leslie) Hazelwood, Justin and Cori Reed; Austin, Aaron, Audrey and Adam Courtney. They also have five great-grandchildren.