- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Lantvit enlists in Missouri National Guard
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Jaclyn R. Lantvit of Thebes, Ill., has enlisted in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Lantvit will serve with Company E of the Recruit Sustainment Program in Jackson. Through the program, she will learn basic Army skills and values and become more familiar with her role as a Soldier in the Missouri Army National Guard.
"Since high school, my friend, Cara, and I always wanted to join together," she said. "Last year, we finally did."
Lantvit was recruited by Staff Sgt. Steven Bell of the Missouri Army National Guard's Cape Girardeau office. Lantvit graduated from Notre Dame High School in Cape Girardeau in 2006. Her basic training is currently on hold until after she has her first child. She is currently employed at Rhodes 101 in Cape Girardeau.
Lantvit is supported in her decision to join the Guard by her parents, William Lantvit and Janet Plumley.
Lantvit would eventually like to become a recruiter for the Missouri National Guard.
"Staff Sgt. Bell was really helpful, and that's what I would like to do -- help people find and fulfill lifetime goals and achievements," she said. "What I think I'll enjoy most about the Guard is probably the self-respect and hard work that comes from being a Soldier."
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please call 1-800-GoGuard or visit www.moguard.com.
For more information about this release, please contact Scott Moyers at 573-339-6237 or at firstname.lastname@example.org