- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Lantvit enlists in Missouri National Guard
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Jaclyn R. Lantvit of Thebes, Ill., has enlisted in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Lantvit will serve with Company E of the Recruit Sustainment Program in Jackson. Through the program, she will learn basic Army skills and values and become more familiar with her role as a Soldier in the Missouri Army National Guard.
"Since high school, my friend, Cara, and I always wanted to join together," she said. "Last year, we finally did."
Lantvit was recruited by Staff Sgt. Steven Bell of the Missouri Army National Guard's Cape Girardeau office. Lantvit graduated from Notre Dame High School in Cape Girardeau in 2006. Her basic training is currently on hold until after she has her first child. She is currently employed at Rhodes 101 in Cape Girardeau.
Lantvit is supported in her decision to join the Guard by her parents, William Lantvit and Janet Plumley.
Lantvit would eventually like to become a recruiter for the Missouri National Guard.
"Staff Sgt. Bell was really helpful, and that's what I would like to do -- help people find and fulfill lifetime goals and achievements," she said. "What I think I'll enjoy most about the Guard is probably the self-respect and hard work that comes from being a Soldier."
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please call 1-800-GoGuard or visit www.moguard.com.
For more information about this release, please contact Scott Moyers at 573-339-6237 or at firstname.lastname@example.org