- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Lantvit enlists in Missouri National Guard
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Jaclyn R. Lantvit of Thebes, Ill., has enlisted in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Lantvit will serve with Company E of the Recruit Sustainment Program in Jackson. Through the program, she will learn basic Army skills and values and become more familiar with her role as a Soldier in the Missouri Army National Guard.
"Since high school, my friend, Cara, and I always wanted to join together," she said. "Last year, we finally did."
Lantvit was recruited by Staff Sgt. Steven Bell of the Missouri Army National Guard's Cape Girardeau office. Lantvit graduated from Notre Dame High School in Cape Girardeau in 2006. Her basic training is currently on hold until after she has her first child. She is currently employed at Rhodes 101 in Cape Girardeau.
Lantvit is supported in her decision to join the Guard by her parents, William Lantvit and Janet Plumley.
Lantvit would eventually like to become a recruiter for the Missouri National Guard.
"Staff Sgt. Bell was really helpful, and that's what I would like to do -- help people find and fulfill lifetime goals and achievements," she said. "What I think I'll enjoy most about the Guard is probably the self-respect and hard work that comes from being a Soldier."
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please call 1-800-GoGuard or visit www.moguard.com.
For more information about this release, please contact Scott Moyers at 573-339-6237 or at firstname.lastname@example.org