- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)15
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Missouri says "No" to Real ID
From Missouri Campaign for Liberty...
"05/13/09: Deb Wells [State]: HB361 ANTI-Real ID Passes the Senate with Flying Colors!
Thanks to all of your hard work, your phone calls and your visits to Jeff City, HB361 passed the Senate unanimously today!!! Just one more little step and we could be FREE FROM REAL ID.
Call Governor Nixon, politely tell him you would like him to sign House Bill 361 Real ID Act of 2005 that passed unanimously in the Senate today. Tell him you appreciate his leadership.
Missouri Sovereignty, HCR-13
"05/13/09: Deb Wells [State]: MISSOURI SOVEREIGNTY BILL - TENTH AMENDMENT
We received a message from Representative Jim Guest today asking for our help in getting his HCR13 Tenth Amendment bill voted out of Committee. Please see his message below.
HCR13: Claims sovereignty for the states under the Tenth Amendment of the United States Constitution for all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government under the Constitution.
HCR13 Tenth Amendment
Call all senators in the Rules Committee and ask them to take up the HCR13 declaring the 10th Amendment. Be nice and thank them for their time and their vote for HB 361. The senators were talking about the 10th amendment, so they are for us it just needs to be voted out of committee.
o Kevin Engler, 3rd, Chairman (573) 751-3455
o Gary Nodler, 32nd, Vice-Chairman (573) 751-2306
o Norma Champion, 30th (573) 751-2583
o Charlie Shields, 34th (573) 751-9476
o Joan Bray, 24th (573) 751-2514
o Tim Green, 13th (573) 751-2420"