- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Area digest 5/14/09
Smith team captures title
The team of Todd Smith, Todd Ladd, Jack Greene and Terry Hill took first place in the afternoon championship flight at the Lutheran Family Service of Missouri golf tournament at Dalhousie Golf Club.
The team of David Hahs, Jeff Brunt, Bobby Diene and Jesse Barge was second.
In the afternoon A flight, the team of Al Oliver, JoJo Stuart, Tim Brewer and Scott Hoffman took first, followed by the team of Ron Clark, Mike Wahlers, Neil Gerenger and Ryan Gerenger.
The team of Gerald Jones, Rodney Miller, Jerry Reynolds and Jerry Stone took first place in the afternoon B flight, while the team of Jeff Hotop, David Shell, Kevin Edmonds and Leon Eftink was second.
In the morning championship flight, the team of Dave Marth, John Schoedel, Gary Ballowe and Dan Edmiston took first, while the team of Chris Vinyard, Bryan Johnson, Jason Flower and Jason Rust was second.
In the morning A flight, the team of Keith Davis, Tim Unterreiner, Brian Seabaugh and Brian Winchel was first, followed by the team of Christy Benton, Cathy Morris, Donna Wheeler and Alan Benton.
Cook, Senciboy win title
The team of Lachelle Cook and Randy Senciboy took first place in the SEMO Horseshoe Association's tournament in Oran.
The team of Joe Bean and Beaver Glastetter took second, while Terrie Rose and Goose Glastetter were third.
The next tournament is Sunday at the Oran Knights of Columbus.
Keefe brings home title
Jan Keefe took first place in the A flight at the weekly Cape Chip A Ways golf outing.
Dottie Gill and Waunita VanDyke tied for first in B flight.
JoEllen Haas and Marge Kurre tied for low putts, while Carolyn Blechle had the play of the day.
Brey team wins WGA event
The team of Judy Brey, MaryAnn Vogelsang, Deb Mealy and Mary Sue Layton shot a 59 to win the Cape Girardeau Country Club's Women's Golf Association's white elephant tournament.
The team of Luanne Kiefner, Irene Thomas, Dana Underwood and Marlena Pind finished second with a 61.
-- From staff reports