- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Imogene A. Cole McMackins, 81, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, May 13, 2009, at Heartland Care and Rehab. She was a member of Lynwood Baptist Church.
She was married to Howell McMackins April 30, 1949, in St. Louis. Howell preceded her in death Dec. 18, 1984.
Ms. McMackins was co-owner of Cape Floor Covering, and worked at J.C. Penney 10 years. She worked at Riverside Lumber Co. from 1984 to 1989 and retired in 1999.
She was very involved in the Sunday school, where she taught 4- and 5-year-olds nearly 30 years.
McMackins was the daughter of the late Lawrence Cole and the late Tressie Spain Cole.
She is survived by a daughter, Kelli McMackins Stewart of Jackson; a brother, Elvis Cole of St. Louis; eight grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a son, Larry McMackins; two brothers; and a great-grandchild.
The family will receive friends from 11 a.m. to service time Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Dan Greene officiating. Interment will be in Cape County Memorial Park.