- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Kimberley Toshiye Suzuki and Kenneth Lee Schlitt were united in marriage Oct. 9, 2004, at Grace United Methodist Church. The Rev. Scott Moon performed the ceremony. Music was provided by Meagan Edmonds of Cape Girardeau and a quintet string orchestra from Sikeston, Mo.
The bride is the daughter of Patrick and Paula Suzuki of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Steven and Rita Keele of Cape Girardeau and Ken Schlitt of Oran, Mo.
Maid of honor was Meagan Edmonds, and matron of honor was Tammy Werner of Cape Girardeau, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Amber Bertrand of Cape Girardeau, Chara Friese of Jackson, and Anna Keele of Cape Girardeau, sister of the groom. Junior bridesmaid was Lori Beth Werner of Jackson, niece of the bride.
Jake Schlitt of Portageville, Mo., served his brother as best man. Groomsmen were Darin Werner of Jackson, brother-in-law of the bride; Bart Wheatley of Steele, Mo., Ryan Lohmeier of Jackson, and Jarrett Norviel of Potosi, Mo. Ushers were Todd Pytlinski and Ryan Hoffman of Ballwin, Mo.
Candlelighters were Stephanie Byars of Cape Girardeau and Ashton Schlitt of Portageville, sisters of the groom, and Kara Kyle of Oran, cousin of the groom.
Flower girl was Ashley Werner, daughter of Darin and Tammy Werner and niece of the bride. Ringbearers were Gavin and Keaton Byars, sons of Stephanie Byars and nephews of the groom.
The reception was held at Deerfield Lodge.
The groom's mother and stepfather hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 8 at Buckner's Brewing Co.
Mrs. Schlitt is a 1999 graduate of Central High School, and received a bachelor of science degree in agribusiness from Southeast Missouri State University in 2004. She is an account executive at the Southeast Missourian.
The groom is a 1999 graduate of Central High School, and received a bachelor's degree in business administration from Southeast in 2004. He is a mortgage loan originator at Union Planters Bank.
The couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.