- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Wilene Smith, 77, died Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2005 at her home.
She was born Aug. 27, 1927, in Crossville, Tenn., daughter of Franklyn Kelly and Laura Bell Bilbrey Neal.
In 1942 she married Guy Wright Smith. He died in January 1991.
Survivors include two sons, Ron Smith of Sikeston and Guy Smith of Los Angeles; two daughters, Donna Montoya of Los Angeles and Lorraine Bernal of Sikeston; four sisters, Maggie Weatherford, Cassie Bobo and Kelsey Brown, all of Jackson, Tenn., Opal Hayes of Tennessee; 15 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren
She was preceded in death by her parents, a son, three daughters, two sisters, a brother and a grandson.
A graveside service will be held at noon Saturday at Fairview Cemetery at Advance, Mo.
The Ponder Funeral Home of Sikeston is in charge of arrangements.