- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Area digest 5/10
Donahue captures medalist honors
Sissy Donahue won medalist honors at the weekly Kimbeland Ladies golf outing.
Vickie Long took first in the championship flight, Lillian Schneider won A flight, Dorothy Holland was first in B flight and Mary Rose James captured C flight.
In the previous week's outing, Barb Johnson was the medalist, Vicki Long and Karen Heisel tied for championship flight honors, Sharon McCune and Schneider tied for first in A flight and Holland won B flight.
Central honors Wilson, Moreland
Zach Wilson recently was honored as the Lou Muegge male athlete of the year and Brittany Moreland was awarded the Darla Pannier female athlete of the year.
The two seniors were among several athletes honored at the Cape Central all-school booster club athletic awards banquet.
Among other Central athletes acknowledged were Jordan Sheets (male scholar athlete), Jessie Hahn (female scholar athlete) and Wendi Zickfield (Darla Pannier scholarship award).
-- From staff reports