- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
BELL CITY, Mo. -- David Scheible, 43, of Bell City died Friday, May 8, 2009, at home.
He was born Aug. 20, 1965, at Advance, Mo., son of Herman and Judy Ann Cook Scheible. He and Anita Fay Myers were married Aug. 9, 1984. She survives.
Scheible was a farmer for Phil Stephens Farms and the fire chief of Bell City Fire Department. He was a member of First Christian Church in Matthews, Mo. Scheible was a former member of the Bell City City Council.
Survivors include his wife of Bell City; a son, David K. Scheible of Bell City; two daughters, Melinda Stratton of Bernie, Mo., Melissa Mooney of Sikeston, Mo.; a brother, John Scheible of Bell City; five sisters, Karen Henson of Bell City, Robin Parker, Jerri Boner, both of Oran, Mo., Shirley Benthal, Shelba Scheible, both of Sikeston; two grandchildren; and three step grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
Friends may call at 4 p.m. Monday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran.
Funeral is at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jim Davis officiating. Burial will be in Gravel Hill Cemetery in Bell City.