- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)4
Speak Out 5/10/09
Big tax increases
THE Republican Party firmly denounced President Obama's corporate tax plan by declaring this would be the biggest tax increase on U.S. corporations since 1986. Don't the Republicans remember who was president back then?
Make it a crime
MAYBE it will help deter me and others. I am a distracted driver who is addicted to texting while driving. I beg the Missouri Legislature to join with other states and make distracted driving of all kinds punishable (when a properly driving driver is killed or injured as a result of a distracted driver's negligence) as a criminal offense. Please.
It won't work
IS it perhaps likely that American-style representative democracy simply will not work in some cultures? I think so.
IN the children's playground at Arena Park, there is the remnant of a water fountain. It is a block of cement with several rusty bolts sticking out of it. Can you say "ouch"? Kids fall a lot.