- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Southern Bank announces merger with Capaha Bank (1/15/17)
Speak Out 5/10/09
Big tax increases
THE Republican Party firmly denounced President Obama's corporate tax plan by declaring this would be the biggest tax increase on U.S. corporations since 1986. Don't the Republicans remember who was president back then?
Make it a crime
MAYBE it will help deter me and others. I am a distracted driver who is addicted to texting while driving. I beg the Missouri Legislature to join with other states and make distracted driving of all kinds punishable (when a properly driving driver is killed or injured as a result of a distracted driver's negligence) as a criminal offense. Please.
It won't work
IS it perhaps likely that American-style representative democracy simply will not work in some cultures? I think so.
IN the children's playground at Arena Park, there is the remnant of a water fountain. It is a block of cement with several rusty bolts sticking out of it. Can you say "ouch"? Kids fall a lot.