- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Speak Out 5/10/09
Big tax increases
THE Republican Party firmly denounced President Obama's corporate tax plan by declaring this would be the biggest tax increase on U.S. corporations since 1986. Don't the Republicans remember who was president back then?
Make it a crime
MAYBE it will help deter me and others. I am a distracted driver who is addicted to texting while driving. I beg the Missouri Legislature to join with other states and make distracted driving of all kinds punishable (when a properly driving driver is killed or injured as a result of a distracted driver's negligence) as a criminal offense. Please.
It won't work
IS it perhaps likely that American-style representative democracy simply will not work in some cultures? I think so.
IN the children's playground at Arena Park, there is the remnant of a water fountain. It is a block of cement with several rusty bolts sticking out of it. Can you say "ouch"? Kids fall a lot.