- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Speak Out 5/10/09
Big tax increases
THE Republican Party firmly denounced President Obama's corporate tax plan by declaring this would be the biggest tax increase on U.S. corporations since 1986. Don't the Republicans remember who was president back then?
Make it a crime
MAYBE it will help deter me and others. I am a distracted driver who is addicted to texting while driving. I beg the Missouri Legislature to join with other states and make distracted driving of all kinds punishable (when a properly driving driver is killed or injured as a result of a distracted driver's negligence) as a criminal offense. Please.
It won't work
IS it perhaps likely that American-style representative democracy simply will not work in some cultures? I think so.
IN the children's playground at Arena Park, there is the remnant of a water fountain. It is a block of cement with several rusty bolts sticking out of it. Can you say "ouch"? Kids fall a lot.