- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Speak Out 5/10/09
Big tax increases
THE Republican Party firmly denounced President Obama's corporate tax plan by declaring this would be the biggest tax increase on U.S. corporations since 1986. Don't the Republicans remember who was president back then?
Make it a crime
MAYBE it will help deter me and others. I am a distracted driver who is addicted to texting while driving. I beg the Missouri Legislature to join with other states and make distracted driving of all kinds punishable (when a properly driving driver is killed or injured as a result of a distracted driver's negligence) as a criminal offense. Please.
It won't work
IS it perhaps likely that American-style representative democracy simply will not work in some cultures? I think so.
IN the children's playground at Arena Park, there is the remnant of a water fountain. It is a block of cement with several rusty bolts sticking out of it. Can you say "ouch"? Kids fall a lot.