- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
The veterans of the 96th Infantry Division, nicknamed the Deadeyes, will have their annual reunion in Branson, Mo., July 23 to 27. This marks the fifth reunion since 1958. All members of the unit and their family members are welcome at the reunion. The 96th Ready Reserve Command, based in Salt Lake City will again join the festivities. For more information or reservation forms visit 96th-infantry-deadeyes.org.
Arnsberg Cemetery Association plans meeting
The Arnsberg Cemetery Association meeting will begin with a 2 p.m. business meeting May 17 on cemetery grounds two miles west of Interstate 55 on Route KK. Bring lawn chairs. Historical Arnsberg books, cemetery plats and genealogy listings will be available. If you are unable to attend but want to help, call Norman Tuschoff, head trustee, at 573-243-3217. Donations can be mailed to Val Tuschoff, 324 Elwanda Drive, Jackson, MO 63755.
Deadline for Missouri award to honor public safety officers is at month's end
The Department of Public Safety is now accepting nominations for Missouri's annual award honoring extraordinary valor above and beyond the call of duty by a Missouri public safety officer in 2008. Deadline for nominations is May 30. Applications are available at the Department of Public Safety website: www.dps.mo.gov. Applications must be printed and mailed to: State of Missouri, MO DPS, Medal of Valor Review Board, 301 West High Street, Room 870, Jefferson City, Mo. 65102.
United Way presents leadership lecture
The United Way of Southeast Missouri presents "Strengthening not-for-profit leadership," with keynote speaker Jan Masaoka, from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesday, May 19 at the River Campus, Southeast Missouri State University. Sponsored by US Bank. Registration deadline is Friday. To register visit www.unitedwayofsemo.org. For more information call 334-9634 or e-mail email@example.com.
@body copy_ragged right:
Angel Food Ministries offers new menu
The Church of Jesus Christ in Jackson, a host site for Angel Food Ministries is taking orders for the new May menu. Angel Food Ministries is a reduced cost food program. Payment must be made by 6 p.m. Monday, May 18; pick up is from 2 to 6 p.m. Friday, May 29 at the church fellowship building on County Road 316 between Jackson and Gordonville off Highway 25. There is a dropbox for prepaid orders on church property or it may be mailed in. Arrangements for EBT orders can be made. For more information call 204-7087.