- Mary Jane bourbon + smokehouse + Cape (7/9/18)4
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Voters to choose from crowded field for Scott County presiding commissioner (7/10/18)1
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
- Southeast art students contribute mural to Stevie's Steakburger (7/9/18)1
- New safety measures being put in place in Jackson School District (7/11/18)3
- 'It's just time': PFLAG chapter starting in Cape (7/6/18)33
- Harbor Freight to open next week in Cape Girardeau (7/10/18)
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Former police officer, disabled vet vie for state representative seat (7/11/18)2
Bennett - Powderly
Brittney Alexis Bennett and Shawn Patrick Powderly were married Nov. 29, 2008, at St. Mary's Cathedral. The Rev. Thomas Kiefer performed the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of William and Stephanie Bennett of Chaffee, Mo. The groom is the son of Joe and Debbie Dennis of Chaffee, and the late Patrick Powderly.
Maid of honor was Veronica Bennett of Chaffee, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Natalie Govreau of Chaffee, cousin of the bride; Laura Blattner of Cape Girardeau, and Molly Fowler of Chaffee.
Nick Powderly of Chaffee was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Josh Govreau of Viburnum, Mo., Tim Schmitt of New Hamburg, Mo., and Aaron Glastetter of Chaffee. Ushers were Jeremy Townsend, cousin of the bride, William Hargrove and Ryan Goetz, all of Chaffee, and Travis Braun of Benton, Mo.
Candlelighters were Stacy Cummings of Jefferson City, Mo., Courtney Foushee of Dexter, Mo., Jennifer McClard of Cape Girardeau, and Ashley Graham of Chaffee.
Flower girl was Aubrey Beck, daughter of Elizabeth Beck and Nick Powderly of Chaffee and niece of the groom. Ringbearer was Cole Proffer, son of Andy Proffer and Kim Proffer of Chaffee and cousin of the bride.
Dianne McGowen, stepsister of the groom, attended the guest book.
The reception was held at the Eagles Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
The rehearsal dinner was held Nov. 28 at Ray's Restaurant in Kelso, Mo.
Mrs. Powderly is a graduate of Chaffee High School and Southeast Missouri State University. She is a registered nurse at Saint Francis Medical Center.
The groom is a graduate of Chaffee High School and Southeast University. He is a physical education teacher and coach at Chaffee Junior and Senior High Schools.
After a wedding trip to Las Vegas, Nev., the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.