- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Bennett - Powderly
Brittney Alexis Bennett and Shawn Patrick Powderly were married Nov. 29, 2008, at St. Mary's Cathedral. The Rev. Thomas Kiefer performed the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of William and Stephanie Bennett of Chaffee, Mo. The groom is the son of Joe and Debbie Dennis of Chaffee, and the late Patrick Powderly.
Maid of honor was Veronica Bennett of Chaffee, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Natalie Govreau of Chaffee, cousin of the bride; Laura Blattner of Cape Girardeau, and Molly Fowler of Chaffee.
Nick Powderly of Chaffee was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Josh Govreau of Viburnum, Mo., Tim Schmitt of New Hamburg, Mo., and Aaron Glastetter of Chaffee. Ushers were Jeremy Townsend, cousin of the bride, William Hargrove and Ryan Goetz, all of Chaffee, and Travis Braun of Benton, Mo.
Candlelighters were Stacy Cummings of Jefferson City, Mo., Courtney Foushee of Dexter, Mo., Jennifer McClard of Cape Girardeau, and Ashley Graham of Chaffee.
Flower girl was Aubrey Beck, daughter of Elizabeth Beck and Nick Powderly of Chaffee and niece of the groom. Ringbearer was Cole Proffer, son of Andy Proffer and Kim Proffer of Chaffee and cousin of the bride.
Dianne McGowen, stepsister of the groom, attended the guest book.
The reception was held at the Eagles Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
The rehearsal dinner was held Nov. 28 at Ray's Restaurant in Kelso, Mo.
Mrs. Powderly is a graduate of Chaffee High School and Southeast Missouri State University. She is a registered nurse at Saint Francis Medical Center.
The groom is a graduate of Chaffee High School and Southeast University. He is a physical education teacher and coach at Chaffee Junior and Senior High Schools.
After a wedding trip to Las Vegas, Nev., the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.