- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
TAMMS, Ill. -- Lela "MumMum" Stevens, 89, of Deer Park, Texas, died Monday, May 4, 2009, at her home in Texas.
Mrs. Stevens was born July 26, 1919, in Miller City, Ill., daughter of the late David Arthur Houston and Mary Alice (Davis) Houston.
She was preceded by her parents, her husband, Americus "Mack" Stevens, and a son, Arthur Frederick Stevens, on Feb. 28, 1994.
Survivors include a daughter and son-in-law, Maxine and Don Craddock of Memphis, Tenn.; a daughter-in-law, Janice Stevens of Katy, Texas; five grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and four great-great grandchildren.
Graveside funeral services for Lela M. Stevens will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Spencer Heights Cemetery, Mounds, Ill.
Family and friends are asked to meet at the cemetery prior to the services.
Jones Funeral Home in Tamms is in charge of the arrangements.