- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)2
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Southerner by Tractors owners seek to bring 'sophisticated Southern' cuisine (9/12/17)
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)1
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Lindsay enlists in Missouri National Guard
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Adam Lindsay of Cape Girardeau has enlisted in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Lindsay will serve with Company E of the Recruit Sustainment Program in Jackson. Through the program, he will learn basic Army skills and values and become more familiar with his role as a Soldier in the Missouri Army National Guard.
"I wanted to join the National Guard to serve my country," Lindsay said. "I knew it was a way to get a jump-start on my life, but I also felt like it was my duty. It's a way to honor my country and my family."
Lindsay was recruited by Staff Sgt. Jeremy McGuire of the Missouri Army National Guard's Cape Girardeau office. Lindsay is graduating this month from Cape Girardeau Central High School. McGuire recently presented Lindsay with a plaque for graduating from high school.
Lindsay is looking forward to serving in the Guard. He is scheduled to leave on May 18 for basic training at Fort Leonard Wood. In his civilian job, Lindsay works with his father in construction. After his National Guard training, Lindsay intends to attend Mineral Area Regional College.
Lindsay is supported in his decision to join the Guard by his parents, Kurt and Diane Lindsay of Cape Girardeau.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please call 1-800-GoGuard or visit www.moguard.com.