- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape man accused of secretly recording women, posting to porn site (11/22/17)
- Thankful People: Kirsten Strebe recovers from traumatic car accident, brain injury (11/23/17)
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- Thankful People: Moore family counts its blessing after harrowing accident (11/23/17)
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Deal Finder brings 'unique' shopping to Cape Girardeau (11/24/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
Lindsay enlists in Missouri National Guard
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Adam Lindsay of Cape Girardeau has enlisted in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Lindsay will serve with Company E of the Recruit Sustainment Program in Jackson. Through the program, he will learn basic Army skills and values and become more familiar with his role as a Soldier in the Missouri Army National Guard.
"I wanted to join the National Guard to serve my country," Lindsay said. "I knew it was a way to get a jump-start on my life, but I also felt like it was my duty. It's a way to honor my country and my family."
Lindsay was recruited by Staff Sgt. Jeremy McGuire of the Missouri Army National Guard's Cape Girardeau office. Lindsay is graduating this month from Cape Girardeau Central High School. McGuire recently presented Lindsay with a plaque for graduating from high school.
Lindsay is looking forward to serving in the Guard. He is scheduled to leave on May 18 for basic training at Fort Leonard Wood. In his civilian job, Lindsay works with his father in construction. After his National Guard training, Lindsay intends to attend Mineral Area Regional College.
Lindsay is supported in his decision to join the Guard by his parents, Kurt and Diane Lindsay of Cape Girardeau.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please call 1-800-GoGuard or visit www.moguard.com.