- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Strattman to step down as principal at St. Mary (4/28/17)1
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
School District retirees honored at banquet
Cape Girardeau School District's 33rd Annual Retirement Dinner was held April 30 at the Cape Country Club to recognize 19 retirees. Senator Jason Crowell presented proclamations, and President of the Board of Education, Mr. Kyle McDonald, provided the invocation.
Retirees were Randy Barnhouse and Patricia Honey, Alternative Education Center; Lawrence Brookins, Central High School; Terry Kitchen and Sharon Forester, Central Junior High School; Otto Windisch and Dale McCraw, Career & Technology Center; Debbie Mehner and Carol Murphy, Central Middle School; Gloria Cora, Alma Schrader; Karen Gibbar and Donna Sanders, Blanchard; N. Jean Seres, Clippard; Mary Ann Hoffman, Franklin; Phillis McLain, Doug Kitchen and Betty Kluesner, Jefferson; Laverne Smith and Pam Haupt, Central Administration Office.