- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Janet Koenig creates painted quilts to add flair to local barns (10/13/17)
School District retirees honored at banquet
Cape Girardeau School District's 33rd Annual Retirement Dinner was held April 30 at the Cape Country Club to recognize 19 retirees. Senator Jason Crowell presented proclamations, and President of the Board of Education, Mr. Kyle McDonald, provided the invocation.
Retirees were Randy Barnhouse and Patricia Honey, Alternative Education Center; Lawrence Brookins, Central High School; Terry Kitchen and Sharon Forester, Central Junior High School; Otto Windisch and Dale McCraw, Career & Technology Center; Debbie Mehner and Carol Murphy, Central Middle School; Gloria Cora, Alma Schrader; Karen Gibbar and Donna Sanders, Blanchard; N. Jean Seres, Clippard; Mary Ann Hoffman, Franklin; Phillis McLain, Doug Kitchen and Betty Kluesner, Jefferson; Laverne Smith and Pam Haupt, Central Administration Office.