- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
School District retirees honored at banquet
Cape Girardeau School District's 33rd Annual Retirement Dinner was held April 30 at the Cape Country Club to recognize 19 retirees. Senator Jason Crowell presented proclamations, and President of the Board of Education, Mr. Kyle McDonald, provided the invocation.
Retirees were Randy Barnhouse and Patricia Honey, Alternative Education Center; Lawrence Brookins, Central High School; Terry Kitchen and Sharon Forester, Central Junior High School; Otto Windisch and Dale McCraw, Career & Technology Center; Debbie Mehner and Carol Murphy, Central Middle School; Gloria Cora, Alma Schrader; Karen Gibbar and Donna Sanders, Blanchard; N. Jean Seres, Clippard; Mary Ann Hoffman, Franklin; Phillis McLain, Doug Kitchen and Betty Kluesner, Jefferson; Laverne Smith and Pam Haupt, Central Administration Office.