- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)6
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
School District retirees honored at banquet
Cape Girardeau School District's 33rd Annual Retirement Dinner was held April 30 at the Cape Country Club to recognize 19 retirees. Senator Jason Crowell presented proclamations, and President of the Board of Education, Mr. Kyle McDonald, provided the invocation.
Retirees were Randy Barnhouse and Patricia Honey, Alternative Education Center; Lawrence Brookins, Central High School; Terry Kitchen and Sharon Forester, Central Junior High School; Otto Windisch and Dale McCraw, Career & Technology Center; Debbie Mehner and Carol Murphy, Central Middle School; Gloria Cora, Alma Schrader; Karen Gibbar and Donna Sanders, Blanchard; N. Jean Seres, Clippard; Mary Ann Hoffman, Franklin; Phillis McLain, Doug Kitchen and Betty Kluesner, Jefferson; Laverne Smith and Pam Haupt, Central Administration Office.