- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
School District retirees honored at banquet
Cape Girardeau School District's 33rd Annual Retirement Dinner was held April 30 at the Cape Country Club to recognize 19 retirees. Senator Jason Crowell presented proclamations, and President of the Board of Education, Mr. Kyle McDonald, provided the invocation.
Retirees were Randy Barnhouse and Patricia Honey, Alternative Education Center; Lawrence Brookins, Central High School; Terry Kitchen and Sharon Forester, Central Junior High School; Otto Windisch and Dale McCraw, Career & Technology Center; Debbie Mehner and Carol Murphy, Central Middle School; Gloria Cora, Alma Schrader; Karen Gibbar and Donna Sanders, Blanchard; N. Jean Seres, Clippard; Mary Ann Hoffman, Franklin; Phillis McLain, Doug Kitchen and Betty Kluesner, Jefferson; Laverne Smith and Pam Haupt, Central Administration Office.