- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Woman charged with murder in infant death to appear in court
KENNETT, Mo. -- A Campbell, Mo., woman charged with second-degree murder was to appear in court today, after being arrested Wednesday in connection with the death of her one-month-old infant.
According to Dunklin County Prosecuting Attorney Steve Sokoloff, Joanna Faucett, 24, was arrested after authorities discovered that the infant appeared to have been strangled to death.
Faucett was incarcerated at the Dunklin County Justice Center on a $100,000 bond, and was set to appear in court in front of Judge John C. Spielman this morning, however due to unknown circumstances, she did not make the 9 a.m. appearance.
A representative from the Dunklin County Justice Center said Faucett was to appear later today.
The child was one of a set of triplets. According to Assistant Dunklin County Prosecuting Attorney Jonce Chidister, the other infants were not at the home at the time of the incident.
In July 2008, Faucett had another infant who died at 16 days old, believed at the time to be due to a co-sleeping incident.