- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ORAN, Mo. -- John Secl, 87, of Marion, Iowa, died Saturday, Dec. 25, 2004, at Mercy Medical Center, following a lengthy illness.
He was born Feb. 14, 1917, in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, son of Vaclav and Frances Sultes Secl. He and Margery B. Kremenak were married May 20, 1945, in Cedar Rapids.
Secl moved to Oran in 1989 from Cedar Rapids, and then to Marion in 1999.
He retired as a carpenter at Kirkwood Community College. He was a member of Experimental Aircraft Association and Cedar Rapids Lodge 262 WFLA.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Mary Barron of Oran; a son, John Secl of Cedar Rapids; and five grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers.
Inurnment was in Czech National Cemetery Columbarium.
A celebration of life service will be held at a later date.
Papich-Kuba Funeral Service in Cedar Rapids was in charge of arrangements.