- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CYPRESS, Ill. -- Curtis Hennesy, 59, of Cypress died Sunday, Jan. 2, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Sept. 11, 1945, in Johnson County, son of William Earl and Edith Grant Hennesy. He and Donna Gore were married Oct. 10, 1964.
Hennesy had been a farmer, auto body repairman and heavy equipment operator. He was a member of Bethany Baptist Church.
Survivors include his wife; four daughters, Deidre Fox and Sharon Swink of Jonesboro, Ill., Mary Miller of LaCenter, Ky., Sarah Hennesy of Cypress; a son, Bill Hennesy of Jonesboro; his mother of Metropolis, Ill.; three sisters, Virginia Martin of Metropolis, Viola Penrod of Vienna, Ill., Janet Norris of Cypress; a brother, Jerry Hennesy of Cypress; four grandchildren; and five stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Dongola, Ill., from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Jay Franklin and Dean West officiating. Burial will be in Friendship Cemetery.