- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Laverne "Butch" Robbins, 65, of Marble Hill died Monday, Jan. 3, 2005, at her home, following an illness.
She was born Aug. 19, 1939, at Alton, Mo., daughter of Waymon and Louise Simpson Barton. She and the Rev. Gene Robbins were married Oct. 15, 1953.
Robbins was a member of Grassy Friendship General Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; four daughters, Barbara Bennett of Glenallen, Mo., Susan Fisher, Linda Roark and Judy Roark, all of Grassy; her mother, Louise Miller of Alton; two brothers, Jim and Lynn Barton of Alton; a sister, Ann Cline of Fenton, Mo.; seven grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her father and a brother.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill from 4 to 8 p.m. today, and Wednesday after 9 a.m. at Grassy Friendship Church.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the church, with the Rev. John Chamness officiating. Burial will be in Grassy Friendship Cemetery.