- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Kenneth Ernest Beussink, 57, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, May 2, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born Sept. 20, 1951, in Cape Girardeau, son of Ernest Henry and Irene Rosena Wubker Beussink. He and Donna Huey were married Sept. 11, 1982, in Cape Girardeau.
Beussink was a graduate of St. Mary's Grade School and Notre Dame High School. He attended John A. Logan College two years.
He was a warehouse manager for Mid-America Distributing 10 years and previously worked at Holiday Inn. Beussink was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral, Thomas A. Langen Assembly, Fourth Degree member of Knights of Columbus Council 1111, and was honored in 1996 as Knight of the Year.
Beussink was very active in Boy Scouts. He was an Eagle Scout and worked at Philmont Scout Ranch two summers during high school. He was a Tiger Cub coach and assistant den leader with Pack 8, assistant Scout master with Troop 5, Order of the Arrow vigil member, unit commissioner with Shawnee District and district committee member a number of years. He received the District Award of Merit in 1998 and the Wood Badge in 2001.
Survivors include his wife, Donna Beussink; a son, Matthew Beussink; a daughter, Kendra Beussink; and father, Ernest Beussink, all of Cape Girardeau. Other survivors are four brothers, Glen (Paulette) Beussink of Cape Girardeau, Donald (Sheila) Beussink of Iowa City, Iowa, Edwin (Judy) Beussink of Milstadt, Ill., Duane (Kari) Beussink of Cape Girardeau; and a sister, Elaine Martha (Tommy) Webb of Luling, Texas.
He was preceded in death by his mother, Irene Beussink.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.
Memorial contributions may be made to Boy Scouts of America, Camp Lewallen for Handicap Accessible Improvements or Mid-America Transplant Services.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.