- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Southeast Missouri woman charged with murder after infant death
CAMPBELL, Mo. -- A 24-year-old Campbell woman was recently arrested and now faces second-degree murder charges stemming from the death of a one-month-old infant.
According to Dunklin County Prosecuting Attorney Steve Sokoloff, JoAnn Faucett, 24, was arrested after authorities discovered a dead infant who appeared to have been strangled to death.
No more details were released about the incident.
Faucett was arrested and is being held at the Dunklin County Justice Center on a $100,000 bond.