- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Oran woman killed in Thursday car accident
SIKESTON, Mo. -- An Oran women died Friday, a day after being injured in a vehicle accident in Scott County.
Sarah M. Holmes, 94, of Oran was pronounced dead at 11:56 a.m. Friday at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. She had been transported there by air ambulance with serious injuries following a Thursday morning accident.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the accident occurred at 7:40 a.m. on U.S. 61, four miles north of Sikeston, when southbound motorist Edward L. Jolly, 53, of Oran made a left turn into the path of a northbound vehicle driven by Glenn M. Holmes, 66, of Sikeston.