- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Area sports digest 1/4/05
Southeast's Jackson honored
Southeast Missouri State University's Simone Jackson was named the Ohio Valley Conference newcomer of the week for women's basketball on Monday.
Jackson, a junior forward, averaged 9.3 points per game in her first three career starts, including 14 points during a loss to Southwest Missouri State.
For the season, Jackson is averaging 8.5 points per game and leads the OVC in field-goal shooting at 60 percent.
Southeast (6-5), which has won all six of the newcomer of the week awards so far, begins OVC play Thursday at Austin Peay.