- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Calling all 96th Divion Vets
Calling all veterans of the 96th Infantry Division!
The veterans of the 96th Infantry Division. nicknamed the Deadeyes, will have their annual reunion in Branson, Missouri, July 23 to 27, 2009. It is our fifth reunion in Missouri, including the first one in 1958. We are sending this letter to reach out to veterans who served in the 96th and have lost touch with us. Relatives and friends of 96th Division veterans are also warmly welcomed. Since 2006, we have been joined with veterans of the 96th Ready Reserve Command, based in Salt Lake City. This active Army unit shares our shoulder patch and our history
The 96th Division fought on the islands of Leyte and Okinawa. The Division was awarded a Presidential Unit Citation for its actions on Okinawa; only four U.S. Divisions received that honor in World War II.
If this is your first reunion, or the first in many years, don't be surprised to find old friends or to make new ones. In recent years, a son of a member of my company who died on Okinawa, and the brother of another, came to reunions. Both were welcomed warmly, and have returned to other reunions.
For more information on the events at the reunion, and for reservation forms, see our Web site at 96th-infantry-deadeyes.org.
Co. C, 382 Infantry Regiment, 96th Infantry Division