- Business Notebook: Millersville Pit Stop opening Friday; newly rebuilt convenience store to feature favorites (7/16/18)
- Farewell to a First Lady (7/17/18)4
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Cape drops charge against carGO (7/18/18)9
- Support worker freedom by voting 'yes' on Prop A (7/14/18)
- Wiggans resigns; Bristow named interim superintendent at Meadow Heights (7/18/18)
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Relentless flood swamped towns, turned roads into lakes 25 years ago this summer (7/16/18)
- Cape city spending thousands to promote commuter flights, boost boardings (7/17/18)5
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
Calling all 96th Divion Vets
Calling all veterans of the 96th Infantry Division!
The veterans of the 96th Infantry Division. nicknamed the Deadeyes, will have their annual reunion in Branson, Missouri, July 23 to 27, 2009. It is our fifth reunion in Missouri, including the first one in 1958. We are sending this letter to reach out to veterans who served in the 96th and have lost touch with us. Relatives and friends of 96th Division veterans are also warmly welcomed. Since 2006, we have been joined with veterans of the 96th Ready Reserve Command, based in Salt Lake City. This active Army unit shares our shoulder patch and our history
The 96th Division fought on the islands of Leyte and Okinawa. The Division was awarded a Presidential Unit Citation for its actions on Okinawa; only four U.S. Divisions received that honor in World War II.
If this is your first reunion, or the first in many years, don't be surprised to find old friends or to make new ones. In recent years, a son of a member of my company who died on Okinawa, and the brother of another, came to reunions. Both were welcomed warmly, and have returned to other reunions.
For more information on the events at the reunion, and for reservation forms, see our Web site at 96th-infantry-deadeyes.org.
Co. C, 382 Infantry Regiment, 96th Infantry Division