- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape Girardeau City Council action 1/4/05
CAPE GIRARDEAU CITY COUNCIL ACTION
* Held a public hearing regarding the petition for annexation from Mark Rademaker for a 7.68-acre tract of land on Perryville Road contiguous to the Jaycee Municipal Golf Course.
(Second and third readings)
* Approved the record plat of Silverthorne Second Subdivision.
* Approved a cost participation agreement with the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission for construction of a left turn lane at Route K and Notre Dame Drive.
* Annexed land at Delaware Park into the city of Cape Girardeau.
* Approved an agreement with Union Electric Company d/b/a AmerenUE under which the city will spend $264,000 annually for electricity and maintenance of 2,354 street lights.
* Accepted a proposal from Beussink, Hey, Roe, Seabaugh and Stroder LLC to conduct random record checks to determine compliance with the city's motel and restaurant tax law.
* Gave conditional approval of an original package liquor and Sunday sales license for Capeland LLC d/b/a Quick and Save, 2861 Themis St., Alam Zahed, managing officer.